Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fighting Crime & Behavior

Recently I had the opportunity to speak before a group of students at one of our more prominent universities. It was refreshing to be able to interact with individuals within my generation who were so awake and aware of the responsibilities and challenges that our city faces. I often feel that as a society, we sometimes overlook our youth’s opinions and concerns.

During my visit to the university, I was able to really gauge how concerned the students were about Macon’s crime issues. These are student who reside on an isolated college campus. Most of whom aren’t even from Macon and don’t know if they even plan on staying once they graduate. Yet still, they wanted to know what the great city of Macon thought and planned to do about our city’s crime statistics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment